Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Kid Hangs It Up!

Mommy broke some sad news today -
the Kid is calling it quits!
Don't worry, I'm not talking about
me hanging it up...I'm talking about
the original Kid.
After 22 years and an amazing career,
future hall of famer Ken Griffey Jr
announced his retirement.
Here I am getting the news from Mommy.
Say what?

Mommy just bought me the 2010 Griffey card...
so I pulled it out to show you.


Career highlights:
5th on all time home run leaders list with 630
1836 RBI's
13 All Star appearances
AL MVP in 1997
Doubled his first Major League at bat
Homered his first Major League at bat at home
Homered in 8 straight games to tie a Major League Record
Playing in an All Star game with his dad Ken Sr.
Hitting back to back homeruns in a game with his dad


Goodbye Kid - we'll miss you on the field but
we'll see you in the Hall!
Milton Bradley said it best:
"On a day like this, it should rain in Seattle."





No comments:

Post a Comment